My 5 key wardrobe staples

October 3, 2017

amy_blog_129amy_blog_014

With autumn just around the corner, I’m looking to the high street and fashion magazines for items to add into my autumn and winter wardrobe. Each year there are much loved items that I dig out and bring back season after season, these are my fashion staples.  I thought it would be fun to share my five key wardrobe staples that always make an appearance each fall season.

Faux Fur Coats

These are my favourite thing to wear in the chillier months, they add much needed texture and fun to the most mundane looks. Both of these coats I’ve had for many years, the brown faux fur I picked up from a vintage store in Birmingham when I was around 16 or 17 years old, its originally from Marks and Spencer’s or rather St Michael’s as it was known when made. It’s in great condition still and I love it as much as the day I found it.

The leopard print has been with me a rather long time too, I think I was between the ages of 19 or 20 years old. Over all its in good condition and I love dusting it off each year. It adds a much needed element of glamour to most looks or helps jazz up an all black outfit.

amy_blog_026Bold Bag

Bold bags are one of my favourite ways to inject fun into my looks. It’s easy to create a statement with bold colours or prints. I guess bold bags are my favourite accessories all year around but I feel in the autumnal months the are even more important. Often when shooting outfit looks in the winter months you don’t take your coat off, mainly due to it being bloody cold, I feel this is when a statement accessory takes the lead of the look. It helps create depth and texture to a look.

amy_blog_153amy_blog_022

Knitwear

Whether it’s an embroidered jumper or a plain grey knit, it’s key for the season to have a the right knitwear in your wardrobe. I love a good jumper, in recent years I’ve been drawn to statement knits, they can update your wardrobe and keep you warm. Whats not to love about a cosy statement knit!?

amy_blog_141

Statement Shoes

Ankle boots and loafers are my go to in the chillier months. I love a good black ankle boot but you can’t beat a bold stand out shoes. These rose gold and silver ankle boots are my favourites.

outfit_coffee_053amy_blog_055amy_blog_054amy_blog_141

Hats

midi_dress_020

new_years_day_014

Hats are a great way to jazz up an outfit, they can be a bold statement or simple. A couple of my favourites are Berets, Fedora and a Beanie.  This season I’m all about the Beret and fancy getting my hands on some different colours.
Are you into hats and what will you be wearing this season?

amy_crystal_palace_059

Photos – Shooting Dave

1. October 3, 2017 2:19 am

Ooooh I love those coats ❤

Liked by 1 person

2. October 3, 2017 2:23 am

loving the bold bags ❤

Liked by 1 person

3. October 3, 2017 2:56 am

Ohhh! I love your staple styles! How do you get your bangs so perfectly perfect in all your photos? They look amazing! 🙂
    ~ Megan Joy

Liked by 1 person

• October 3, 2017 3:21 pm

Oh I don’t know about that, they often drive me crazy! I trim them very regularly and always blow dry them when I let the rest of my hair dry naturally, I guess thats the secret. x

Liked by 1 person

4. October 3, 2017 3:17 am

Great blog. I 💕 your style & want that faux leopard print jacket, it’s a winner 🏁

Liked by 1 person

5. October 3, 2017 3:36 am

I love your style!!

Liked by 1 person

6. October 3, 2017 12:50 pm

I love everything, but I feel like you’d need the great hair and makeup all the time to match, this is what puts me off wearing faux-fur – I feel like you need overall polish and can’t just chuck it on and go be fabulous. Am I wrong? ~ P ~

• October 3, 2017 3:19 pm

I’m not sure, I often wear my leopard print coat dressed down with my Vans old skull classics and I don’t go all out with make up. I guess I’m saying if you want to wear a faux fur, go for it. To me it doesn’t matter if your dressed glam or casual, its how you want to wear it that matters to me. x

• October 3, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks Amy, I’ll be working on my confidence, My Mum has a brown one faux-fur coat a few shades darker than your one that we all call “The Bear” with a lot of love. Maybe I’ll free it from the wardrobe!

7. October 3, 2017 1:41 pm

I love a beret too – that red one looks great on you! x

8. October 3, 2017 5:32 pm

Yes to faux fur!! Can’t wait to break mine out of my closet 🙂

Liked by 1 person