My Lip stick collection

July 13, 2017

I thought it would be fun to share a couple of illustrations of my lippy collection.
You can clearly see from my blog photos that  I’m a big fan of red lipstick. My favourite brands are Chanel and Mac.  Now I knew I owned a fair few red lippys,  but it was only when I got them all out to photograph and draw these illustrations that I realised just how many different shades of red I owned.
Every now and then I branch out to a dark plum shade and on the very odd occasion I have opted for a corally pink shade.  But it’s  mostly classic red that wins my vote.

My collection spans from high end with Chanel retailing at £28, MAC is a good mid range at £15 and cheap as chips is Kiko with a price tag of just £4!

I have to confess that Chanel lippys are my favourite, they are perfect and never dry my lips out; plus they have a nice finish.   Mind you, I do love MAC lipsticks, but in recent years MAC has mainly produced matte lipsticks, which I do like,  but they don’t half dry your lips out.  But what they lack in moisture, they make up with really good pigment and choice of shades.

What turns your head when seeking out the perfect lippy?

Kiko Raspberry Red
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 38 La Fascinante
Mac Dark Side
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 47 L’amoureuse
Topshop Falling Fast
Mac Retro Matte Ruby Woo
Mac Matte Russian Red
Kiko Burgundy Creamy Lipstick
Kiko Burgundy Smart Fusion
Nars Cruella Valvet Matte

Illustrations by Amy Purfield-Clark

1. July 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Cute illustration of your lipsticks. I love lipstick, it is my favorite makeup lately. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• July 14, 2017 5:22 am

Thanks there fun to create 🤗
      I love make up but I’m pretty crap at applying it, however I can never go wrong with lip stick. It’s my favourite too! What shades and brand is your favourite?

2. July 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Love the illustrations! (and of course, MAC Ruby Woo, it’s an essencial!)

Liked by 2 people

3. July 13, 2017 8:42 pm

I love lipstick! I have too many, in my bag, the car, the bathroom, at work – and just one pair of lips. I like Estée Lauder, my first lipstick love and still the same today.
    Your illustrations are amazing. More blog posts like this please!

Liked by 1 person

• July 14, 2017 5:23 am

Least I’m not the only one, although your collection sounds like it puts mine to shame 😉
      I’ll have to look out for that one, Estée Lauder are very good. Maybe I should try them next!

4. July 14, 2017 4:59 am

Clinique Black Honey is my all time fave, but I’m thinking of branching out to Bite! Super cute illustrations🖌

Liked by 1 person

• July 14, 2017 5:25 am

I’ll have to look out for that shade, do you swear by Clinique lippie’s? I’ve got a Clinique foundation but never really tired any other products by them. Maybe I should on my next lipstick purchase. Thanks for the tip!

• July 14, 2017 5:46 am

I like the black honey in their almost lipstick cause it’s got a bit of gloss to it, but my other go to is a full on creamy lipstick in sugared maple. I’ve mostly gotten them in gifts with purchase, but I’ve always liked them.

Liked by 1 person

5. July 14, 2017 7:26 am

Your lipstick illustrations are lovely. I like MAC Lipstick as well, I have a pretty purple shade with blue undertones called Rebel you might like.

Liked by 1 person

6. juniper9173 permalink
    July 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Love this! I too have oh so many lipsticks because I believe that even on a bad day, a little lipstick just makes everything seem not so bad. And MAC is awesome!

Liked by 1 person

7. Ginte Skarelyte permalink
    July 14, 2017 9:06 pm

I used to be so afraid of using lipstick because of my skin and hair color! But I finally found the one and it feels like it’s the only possible shade that could ever fit me. GOSH Matt Antique 003

Liked by 1 person

• July 15, 2017 9:45 am

That’s great you’ve found one that suits you but I bet there are plenty more out there! You could start off with cheaper drug store lip sticks and then when you are used to seeing yourself in that shade you can branch out into nicer brands. That’s all its really about, becoming used to seeing your face with a different shade of lip stick on. Experiment you never know, could find another coupe of shades to add to your make up bag!

8. July 15, 2017 10:54 am

loved reading this!

Liked by 1 person

9. July 18, 2017 2:12 am

So glad I came across this. You definitely can never have too many shades of red lipstick. Lipstick is literally the one thing I can’t leave the house without. If I don’t have time to apply any other makeup, lipstick always helps me feel at least a bit more put together and adds a pop of color to my face. Great post and I love the drawing!

Liked by 1 person

10. July 20, 2017 2:25 am

I love your lippy illustrations and my favorite colors are the pinks.