Club Tropicana

June 6, 2017

This tropical jumpsuit is a recent purchase for me and it was a perfect addition to my holiday ensemble. It was the right outfit to wear for a day of exploring Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I teamed it up with my much beloved espadrilles and pulled the whole look together with a little vintage bag.

There are three reasons why this jumpsuit was perfect for the sweltering Florida heat; the culotte style bottom half ensured my legs didn’t chaff. The V shaped neckline is cool and very flattering for my silhouette – and lastly, the print…. I love a tropical print, in fact I think I’m currently addicted to tropical prints. Yup, guilty as charged, even the Zara skirt featured in my last post was a tropical little number too, but hey – that’s summertime fashion for you.

There are some changes going on with me though, during my holiday to the States I wore a number of styles which in the the past I would rarely go for, namely sleeveless numbers and lower V shaped neck lines. I recognise that these are two things I have avoided when buying new clothing and truthfully, I’m not sure why, its habit I guess?.

This year however, when choosing my holiday wardrobe I conquered these phobias and now it feels as if they never existed in the first place and sleeveless dresses and lower neck lines have snook into my wardrobe and made themselves right at home there. I’m pretty pleased with myself for overcoming such silly fears.

I wonder if you have gone through a similar experience and conquered any of your clothing phobias? I’d love to hear about what changes you have made and how you overcame your hang ups.

Let’s enjoy our clothes!

What I’m wearing-
Jumpsuit – Oasis
Bag – Vintage, Thrift
DKNY Sunglasses c/o Sunglass Shop
Espadrilles – Zara

Photos – Shooting Dave
  1. June 6, 2017 6:52 pm

This outfit looks good on you, really good! You suit the tropical pattern and it looks fun to wear, plus the V shaped neckline shows off a tiny waist.
    We all get hung up about something, you are a great role model, shrugging off outdated beliefs to enjoy the sunshine and you look great for it.

Liked by 1 person

2. June 6, 2017 8:20 pm

Qué bonito el mono 😍 Me encanta los colores que tiene , y además te sienta de Maravilla 👌🏻Corazón ❤️

Liked by 1 person

3. June 6, 2017 9:09 pm

Gorgeous!!!

Liked by 1 person

4. June 6, 2017 11:17 pm

I love the jumpsuit, it’s so vibrant and fun. I tend to stick to neutrals and wear a lot of black but this past year I’ve ventured out into brighter colors and I love it. It makes me question why I stayed so long in my comfort zone of neutrals and blacks.

Liked by 1 person

• June 12, 2017 10:17 pm

That’s amazing you’ve stepped out and let colour and print into your wardrobe. I love bold prints and plenty of colour but sometimes all black is a winner too. I guess it’s good to play with fashion, have fun and keep a balance.

Liked by 1 person

5. June 7, 2017 8:04 pm

I’ve always been a bit of a print phobic (polka dots and stripes were as far as I’d go) but I recently bought a red and white gingham top from New Look with an asymmetric, frill neckline that just spoke to me when browsing their site. I thought it might a bit too twee and cutesy for me but I’m planning to team it with a black, leather pencil skirt, killer red stilettos and scarlet lips to toughen it up a bit. I just hope this sun sticks around for me to try it out this weekend.

Liked by 1 person

• June 12, 2017 10:20 pm

That outfit sound gorgeous! I do love gingham, I’m actually looking for a skirt in red gingham, so if you see any give me a shout!
      It’s a good idea slowly starting with clam prints and in no time you’ll be rocking a tropical jumpsuit 😉

Liked by 1 person

6. June 7, 2017 10:11 pm

The print on that jumpsuit is stunning and you look great in it! H x

Liked by 1 person