Retro Child

stripes_062stripes_026stripes_070

Untitled-2

Lately I’m really diggin’ berets, and I’m predicting they will be big for AW16 – even if they aren’t I’ll be rocking them! I picked up this striped t-shirt from Oasis with some Christmas money I had left over, I love the 70’s vibe it has. I used it’s 70’s influence to inspire this look, starting by adding the denim button down skirt, next came the camel coat and to mix thing up a little, I added tan accessories. There was a time when all I wore was tan shoes and accessories. I still love a good tan pair of brogues but as my style has evolved I’ve moved on to owning the largest collection of black shoes and ankle boots possible, it’s funny how our style changes as we get older. I enjoyed dusting off the tan accessories and feel they worked well with the retro look I was going for, and adding my red beret was the finishing point.

stripes_029stripes_063 stripes_027What I’m wearing –
T-shirt & Skirt – Oasis
Belt – Urban Outfitters
Coat & Bag – Topshop
Beret – Accessories
Brogues – River Island
Watch c/o Jordstripes_068stripes_030 stripes_054stripes_001stripes_018stripes_016stripes_037Photos – Shooting Dave

1. January 27, 2016 / 6:52 pm

Love the 70s vibe. I’m also getting a bit of Bonnie Parker a la Faye Dunaway. You photos are always great. I really like your aesthetic.

2. January 27, 2016 / 9:04 pm

Cute! I love the close-ups of the watch. Those two shots are my favorite. Great photography!

3. Victoria
    January 27, 2016 / 9:51 pm

Berets are awesome! Now I need to add an amazing red one to my collection too. I agree with you how funny it is that one’s style changes over the years. I tend to go through phases too – a lot of tans and browns for coats/jackets/shoes/handbags, but lately I’m finding that I don’t have enough black staples. Time for a wardrobe refresh!

Victoria

4. January 28, 2016 / 8:40 pm

Fab combination, the lipstick colour pulls it all together! What is the colour & brand?

5. tiarasandsequins
    January 28, 2016 / 10:53 pm

I’m loving how you pulled this look together! P.S- your dog is super cute!

6. January 29, 2016 / 12:50 pm

Your dog is soo cute! 🙂 And I totally agree with your statement that our style changes when we get older. Have this feeling every time when I look at old photos…. 😀

7. Emma
    February 3, 2016 / 4:42 pm

Love the outfits and your blog – cant wait to read more posts.

70s Vintage Clothing is my favourite decade.

Emma

8. February 4, 2016 / 4:59 pm

Love the french vibes! I often find that one accessory can inspire a whole look – and your colour co-ordination is on point!

• February 4, 2016 / 10:13 pm

I totally agree with you and often get inspired by an accessory and build the outfit around it. Sometimes you can’t beat a bit of colour coordinated ☺️ x

9. February 4, 2016 / 9:10 pm

I have the exact same beret! I’m going to use your style as reference, it’s adorable. 😀

• February 4, 2016 / 10:11 pm

Thank you! I love a good beret, let me know if you post any looks featuring it, I’d love be to take some inspiration from how you style it! X

10. February 6, 2016 / 4:26 am

So cute, looks like you would fit right in to a Wes Anderson film!