My beauty must haves…

beauty

I’m not the best at beauty and make-up – I tend to stick to what I like and what I think works best for me… But every now and then I get asked what beauty products I use and I thought instead of creating the usual style post of photographs, I illustrated my favorite beauty products for you to see.

My make-up is brought from all over the place, I’m not really a make-up snob but when I can afford to treat myself I do. I’ve always used MAC lipsticks and blusher and I think I always will, I mean how much choice they have its just unreal. I also treated myself to a Chanel lipstick a while back, it’s ever so nice and is my “special occasion lippie”. I also have a couple of Chanel nail polishes and a rather nice Dior lip gloss, these were Christmas presents. As I’m still on the hunt for the perfect foundation (even though I’m pretty lazy and hardly wear it) I’ve used this BB cream from Topshop, which gives a nice glowing and light feel to the skin.
I’m terrible for rubbing my eyes and leaving mascara flakes all over my cheeks and because of this I have to invest in a good one that can withstand this, so far I’ve found that Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash has done the trick.
As for scent, my usual choice and has been for a number of years is Stella McCartney, I recently ran out but very kindly my Father picked me up Daisy by Marc Jacobs on the way back from his holiday (good old duty free) and I rather like it.

beauty_03

Now for my skin, I always remove my make-up with wet wipes and go over it with a Simple cleansing toner. I then use Simple hydrating moisturizer, in the mornings I use my rather fancy Clarins double serum and Benefits eye crème. After they’ve done their thing, I moisturize and then use Benefits Pore-fessional – I don’t use this everyday but most days. Before I apply my make-up I always use lip balm in the hopes I’ll nourish my lips and therefore my lippie will last longer, for the last couple of years it’s been Burt’s Bees and it’s become a firm favorite.

image-3beauty_02

Batiste Dry shampoo (dark hair) – I just can’t live with out it! It’s great for those in between hair-washing days and now that I’ve discovered the burnet version it’s even better!

TRÈSemme Keratin Smooth – 7 Day straight system is great for helping keep my hair straight for long periods of time, I usually use it on a Sunday night. Blow drying then straightening my hair and even after washes I’ve still got straight hair by Thursday – which is good going for me!

LÓREAL ELVIVE – Extraordinary Oil, I’ve been using this for a couple of years. I’d even go as far as saying it’s my favorite hair care product! You can use it a number of ways but I like to use it after I’ve towel dried my hair and before I brush my hair (I have incredibly knotty hair!!) this helps smooth out all the knots and makes bushing an ease, plus it helps protect my hair if I blow dry or straighten it.

Style Expertise – super drugs own brand is great for the times I want to leave my hair curly and to dry naturally. I just pop this on to my fingertips and work into my hair in a scrunching motion and leave it to do its thang! It also works with blow-drying but I find I get better curls when I leave it to dry naturally.

beauty_blog

Do you have any beauty tips or ticks you could share with me? I’d love to know if you’ve found a good foundation or a hair care product you think I’d like. I’m always on the look out for new thins to try!

Illustrations – Amy Purfield-Clark

1. October 23, 2014 / 11:18 pm

I have the Daisy perfume too! It smells so good, if you like it there are a bunch of different scents in the daisy collection. And I agree, Burt’s bees is the best Chapstick. Once I discovered it, I never went back

2. October 24, 2014 / 12:04 am

my faaaavorite foundation that i swear by is from NARS, their radiant cream compact. they have tons of shades and it feels so good on your skin! love your faves, badgal’s my go-to mascara too!

3. October 24, 2014 / 1:12 am

World best foundation: Este Lauder double wear! Pricey but 100% worth it! Love your post!!!

4. October 24, 2014 / 1:19 am

I love the Batiste Dry Shampoo that’s the best dry shampoo! Xo

5. October 24, 2014 / 2:56 am

Love this post and the illustrations, xo!
    polishedandbubbly.blogspot.com

6. October 24, 2014 / 7:33 am

Love the illustrations! Such a nice way to do the post. Foundation is the hardest thing ever. I’ve come to mix my MAC studio fix with Boots Natural Collection foundation. Light layer of the NC first then dab on the Mac in the places it’s needed then blend! X

7. October 24, 2014 / 11:55 am

so helpful and enjoyable to read! i’m just starting out my first blog, and blogs like yours inspired me to give it a shot! it would mean a lot if you could check it out. thank you for taking the time to read this:)
    alexandwonderland.wordpress.com xoxo

8. October 24, 2014 / 3:20 pm

I really enjoyed reading this post. It was very helpful. I love all make-up of all brands as well. I love Benefits products, which is what I most of my makeup is currently. I love your illustrations!

9. October 24, 2014 / 3:55 pm

Your drawings are so cute! Great post!

10. October 24, 2014 / 4:26 pm

Great post! I was thinking of doing one similar!
    I like the MAC foundations but mainly use tinted moisturiser from Clinique.
    For hair care you can’t go past Kerastase products!!!

11. October 24, 2014 / 6:14 pm

This is such a cute post! you are an amazing illustrator and I genuinely thought that the drawings were from a glossy magazine! I absolutely agree with you on MAC and Benefit, Daisy is also a favourite of mine although at the moment I use Honey… slightly sweeter in scent! Burt’s Bees and Simple are always easy go-tos as well. I’m going to try Clarins now though, thanks to you! x

12. October 25, 2014 / 6:51 pm

Love it! Please check out my blog if you want , just started 🙂

13. October 26, 2014 / 4:53 am

Lots of great products…and the illustrations are awesome!

P.S. You’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award!

14. October 26, 2014 / 10:30 am

These pictures are so cute! I love Burt’s Bees lipbalm and the Benefit eye cream too.

15. October 28, 2014 / 12:28 pm

i think every girl should have a red MAC lipstick ^_^

• October 29, 2014 / 11:46 am

I hand draw them, scan them into photoshop and colour them in.

16. November 5, 2014 / 2:02 am