Feeling Dandy…

January 16, 2011

The last few day’s I’ve been wearing button up shirt and dresses and teaming them with my hat. I’m not sure why I’ve been favoring a more dandy look, I just have. I guess I always have a little touch of an androgenous look with all my brogue shoes.

It warmed up over the last couple of days so have been able to wear my coat with out scarfs and no gloves (although as I’m writing I’m watching the weather report and it’s getting cold again next week 😦 ) I do love the look of this coat with and without a scarf, but without enables me to wear my stag brooch and show it off perfectly. I’m sporting a new skirt which I picked from my local vintage store. I loved the colours and the checked print. I’m lacking more autumn / wintery skirts and feel these colours are the perfect autumn pallet. I didn’t fancy wearing a girly blouse with the skirt so opted for my denim shirt done up to the top. I think the little touches like the hat, button up shirt and stag brooch are the masculine elements and the skirt and my hair girlie it down. If that makes sense, ha ha…

What I’m Wearing –

Coat & Skirt – Vintage

Shirt & Hat – Topshop

Belt – H&M

Boots – Office

Brooch – Topman

Coco’s had his hair cut and doesn’t he look super cute, like a little puppy again.

Photos – Dave Cox

1. January 16, 2011 6:38 pm

One of the first things I spotted was the brooch even before I read that you wrote about it showing nicely! : )I didn’t realize it was Topman, I thought it would be topshop, I’ve never seen a guy wear a brooch.. hm.. Other than that, your hair colour is really pretty, and the fringe too. It goes well with the shade of lipstick (at least i think it’s lipstick, but maybe that’s your original lip colour, if so , i’m officially jealous 😛 )! I love the shot from the back of your hat, the one you can see the feather that’s in it

• January 16, 2011 7:12 pm

I was surprised when I came across it in Topman, they seam to have the best animal themed jewelry but sadly the rings are to big. I’m slightly becoming obsessed with animal jewelry! Yeah it’s lipstick MAC – lady bug, although I do have rather pink/red lips but I love that shade, the only one I wear! Glad you like the hat and photos and thanks for commenting, it means a lot to me! x

2. January 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Gosh you look great! I lvoe the dandy look on you, you’ve definitely inspired me to try it for myself a bit more, and skip pretty girly dresses, if only for a bit!

• January 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah it’s fun to toughen up a look a little as I always wear floral dresses. You should def try it out, would love to see how it goes. x

3. January 17, 2011 1:41 am

Perfect Perfect Perfect!

4. January 17, 2011 2:10 pm

I love your skirt and hat, they’re very pretty. Perhaps you could use something like Photobucket or Picnik to lighten some of the images though? Then we’d be able to see your oufit in even more detail! :).

Nesha,

• January 17, 2011 6:58 pm

I do edit my images on photoshop, I’m not really a fan of super light images but I will bare that in mind next time I’m taking photos and try get some more up close detail ones. Thanks for the comment it means a lot! x

5. January 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Love the outfit, you look fab :).

Sadie x

6. January 17, 2011 7:14 pm

The skirt was a good choice…. and an absolute bargain. Looking ace x

7. January 18, 2011 9:51 pm

oh wow amy!!
    I love this outfit so much!

8. January 19, 2011 2:23 pm

fabulous outfit
    I love your coat 😀

9. January 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Coco is such a cutie!
    I love that brooch, I never think of looking in topman
    xx