A New Year, A New Dress…

January 1, 2011

Happy 2011 everyone! It’s a new year and to celebrate I’m wearing a new dress. Today my dad and I took Coco for a walk and to try out my new camera lenses, that I got for Christmas.. It was pouring down with rain so we used the band stand as shelter for picture taking. We used my new nifty fifty Canon (50mm f/1.8 II) lens and my Tamron (10-24 f/3.5). I wish it wasn’t raining so I could of taken off my coat but due to everywhere being soaking I had to keep it on, I draped my furry scarf and muff over my dad so I could have some photos with out them, as they look great with my navy coat but not so great with my floral dress.

Even though it poured down with rain, I really enjoyed walking through the park. It was so quiet and peaceful, and I got to use my new lenses. I was so excited about using them and didn’t let a little bit of rain stop me. Yesterday I popped to my local vintage shop and picked up a couple of bargains, including this dress. This one is super cute and is lower at the back which I’m hoping to get some shots of soon and maybe while I’m indoors.. I have another dress ready to go and one to alter, which I’m going to do while I’ve got a couple of days off.

I’m finally am able to show you in full my leopard print muff, I got it a while back from Urban Outfitters 20% off night. It was a Christmas present that I used early but didn’t want to show it off on the blog till the big day. It’s so handy and keeps me really warm. Which is useful on those 6 am starts, while waiting for the bus! I know it kind of clashes with my furry leopard print scarf but I like that. 🙂

What I’m Wearing –

Coat, Dress & Hat – Vintage

Scarf & Belt – H&M

Satchel & Muff – Urban Outfittters

Boots – Office

Photos – Simon Clark, Thank you dad.

1. January 2, 2011 3:27 am

THis is sucha lovely winter outfit!! 😀 very inspiring 😀 Happy new year!

2. January 2, 2011 7:20 pm

This jacket is so perfect!

3. January 3, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi, Amy! (I just read your about me:-p).

1. I love that you are redhead too- love meeting other redhead bloggers.
    2. I love vintage but I really own very little of it since it’s not very popular in Spain (it was growing in the last years but we don’t have cheap shops for it, most of them are expensive, and they are very few too). I mean, it was like a dream going to London in October and see all those vintage shops and markets!
    3. I went to Dublin in November and fell in love with Urban Outfitters (yeah we don’t have it in Spain), wanted to buy two of the bags from there that you have but I couldn’t because I was travelling with Ryanair and they didn’t enter in my luggage! LOL.
    4. I just LOVE your blog, I added it to my blogroll “we love vintage”. I seriously love it. 🙂

Oh, well, anyway…
    really nice to meet you!!! 🙂
    xx from Madrid

4. January 3, 2011 5:49 pm

Beautiful dress, and I ma so in love with your coat! The whole outfit is gorgeous, go away rain!

5. January 4, 2011 11:40 am

Beautiful parks. The park looks so pretty.
    I love your dress here! THe print looks great.

6. sonia permalink
    January 5, 2011 7:18 am

I love the hand muff – amazing xx

7. January 9, 2011 5:30 am

This is such a cute look! I just love the coat and fur muff -which was totally on my wishlist this year, but didn’t get 😦

Trackbacks