Hanbury Hall…

October 10, 2010

Today my father and I visited Hanbury Hall a National Trust stately home, it was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon and the weather was so glorious. Hanbury Hall is a beautiful William and Mary-style house built in 1701 by Thomas Vernon, a lawyer and whig MP for Worcester. Hanbury Hall is a beautiful William and Mary-style house built in 1701 by Thomas Vernon, a lawyer and whig MP for Worcester. Inside a mix of interiors await to be discovered, from the restored Hercules rooms and recreated Gothic corridor, to the recently decorated parlour and stunning staircase wall-paintings by Sir James Thornhill. We didn’t end up going inside I think this was due to the lovely weather and the fact we didn’t arrive till quite late in the day, we did visit the tea room though. Surrounding the house is twenty acres of gardens with recreated early 18th-century gardens and 400 acres of park, which we did spend all of our time wandering around. I really enjoyed roaming around the the grounds, with lots of pretty flowers and with the beautiful manor house in the back ground.

I’m wearing my new Topshop dress and hat. I’ve been in love with this hat for some time and even stalked it while at work (basically wearing it on my shifts). The dress has a fun peter pan collar and a cute daisy print.

My dad at the entrance of the hall.

At the front of the hall were these lovely gates with a court yard.

After walking around the gardens we came a cross a little hut near a blowing green we shot some outfit photos then did a couple more with the house in the back ground.

What I’m Wearing –

Dress & Hat – Topshop

Jacket – H&M

Scarf – Vintage, Thrift.

Bag – Urban Outfitter

Boots – Offices

Photos – Simon Clark & me.

1. October 10, 2010 10:41 pm

What a lovely looking day! I really love your photos – and the hat still looks gorgeous!

2. October 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Wow what gorgeous pics, you look lovely! As does Hanbury Hall, what a quaint way to spend a Sunday afternoon 🙂

Sally from Louder Than Silence x

3. October 11, 2010 9:19 pm

i love these places…i visit them close to me often. stunning dress 🙂

4. October 12, 2010 4:01 am

oh my gosh, i love this style of yours. very, very pretty. x

5. October 12, 2010 10:57 pm

What a beautiful place – gorgeous backdrop for your photographs! 😉

Love love love your outfit here; very my cuppatee! x

6. October 22, 2010 11:02 am

This is so close to me! We cover events here in our paper 🙂 looking good!

7. October 28, 2010 8:55 am

I love that dress, I keep eyeing it up whenever I go into topshop! It looks so lovely on you 🙂

Katie xox