Spot Blouse

2018 – Here we are, all back to the grind, back to work and back to normal. It feels as if the festive period was months ago, when in reality it was only last week. It’s crazy how quickly time goes by, in-fact its only five months until Dave and I get married.
I have high hopes for 2018, so much anticipation and good things to look forward to. It’s not all amazing though, I mean I’ve already had a good cry about the demands life throws at me.  I was thinking about the direction my career and blog are taking. My day job isn’t where I thought I’d be at this stage, but after a good cry and review, I feel spurred on to go and achieve my goals.
When it comes to blogging, I love it,  but I’m terrible for comparing myself to others….when I say others,  I’m thinking of people who blog as a full time job ‘perfectly’. Whereas I balance a full time job with compiling my blog – as full time as physically possible, which often means taking pictures at weekends and often writing long into the evening. I wish I didn’t have the pricey London rent to pay and was able to create imagery and written content for my blog on a daily basis, instead of getting up before  5 am for my commute to the day job on Mondays to Friday.
Instead of dwelling on what others are doing, I’m trying to channel that energy into driving my blog content forward; using it as inspiration for what I can achieve, whether it is styling, writing or creating videos.  I must admit, I do feel better for a good cry, don’t you find it helps to release tension and let go of those negative vibes with a good sob. I’ve already given my blog a make over to help spur on this new positive attitude and I’ve been giving my Instagram even more love. I’m currently curating a grid thats aesthetically pleasing to the blog readers eye.
I would like to hear from you, I have plenty of ideas to push forward with you, however, as you take the time to read my blog, follow and like my pictures, please let me know if there is anything you would like to see. Are there any styling tips, photography, illustrations, any topics or post types you would like to see on my blog?  I’m open to suggestions and would love to move forward, but without you taking the time to check in with me, I wouldn’t be able to and for your feedback I am truly grateful!
Here’s  to a wonderful 2018!

What I’m wearing –
Blouse, Bag, Belt & Ankle Socks – Topshop
Jeans – ASOS
Jacket – Zara
Earrings & Beret – H&M
Trainers – Vans

Photos – Shooting Dave

1. January 7, 2018 / 12:19 am

Simply gorgeous colour on you.
    I like your illustrations, more please!
    Some info on getting ready for the wedding would be interesting.
    Interior design features are always great- loved the Laura Ashley feature.

2. January 7, 2018 / 5:27 am

2018 should totally be about yourself and being the person you want to be and not comparing yourself. Hope that’s going to workout great for you. Anyways, i love that blouse X

• Amy
      January 7, 2018 / 2:14 pm

Marie Your totally right, but it’s hard not to compare myself to others, it really isn’t healthy and I need to concentrate on what I want to achieve! Glad you like the blouse x

3. January 7, 2018 / 5:52 pm

it’s not easy not comparing yourself to others, and i think you channelling your energy into what you want to do and achieve is a good approach. i always love reading your blog and look forward to seeing more:-) hopefully 2018 will be amazing! also, the top is so cute! xx

• Amy
      January 12, 2018 / 5:46 pm

Thank you Laura the fact you love reading means so much to me. I will continue to create content I hope you will love. If theres any topics you’d like me to cover do let me know. xx

4. January 7, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I always love seeing your posts– whatever they may be! Reliving my own wedding planning through your process has been great fun! Your posts have inspired me to wear what I love without judgement and sparked an obsession with finding the perfect chenille sweater. I love your blog! Thanks for posting even with the demands of a day job 🙂

• Amy
      January 12, 2018 / 5:50 pm

I love a good chenille sweater!! I hope you find the perfect one!

Really pleased you enjoy reading my blog, it can be demanding juggling a full time job with the blowing but I bloody love having this creative outlet. I’m glad your enjoying the wedding planning posts, I have a couple more lines up. I’ll be sharing our main wedding invites shortly. xx