Winter Sun

amy_blog_076amy_blog_064amy_blog_081

In typical British fashion I’m going to start this post by talking about the weather. We had snow this week in London, only a dusting that didn’t settle due to the heavy rain but many parts of the UK got a fair amount. As pretty as snow looks, I think it’s a nightmare, we aren’t cut out for it here, so I’m pleased it’s all gone now.

This leads me onto my outfit today, it’s been so bloody cold here, so I’ve been trying out my different coats to identify which one is the warmest. I think this trusty faux fur jacket is the one to beat. I’ve had this vintage jacket since I was about 18. It was originally from Marks & Spencer’s and has the St Michael label, as it was known back then, clearly proving its a true vintage piece.
It was such a good find, I stumbled across it in a local vintage store, which sadly is no longer trading. I’ve owned this jacket for 12 years now and I love it as much as I did when I first spotted it. For this look today, I fancied wearing my berry coloured Fedora hat with the faux fur jacket, adding a cute and easy to wear floral dress, berry coloured jumper for warmth and fail safe ankle boots.

We wandered around the common, stopping off at the lake to take a couple of pictures in the glorious but very cold winter sun.

amy_blog_072amy_blog_086amy_blog_087What I’m wearing –
Dress & Jumper – Oasis
Bag & Hat – Warehouse
Faux Fur Coat – Vintage
Sun Glasses c/o  The Goods Agency
Boots c/o MKGamy_blog_053amy_blog_091

Photos – Shooting Dave

1. January 18, 2017 / 2:45 pm

I love the hat! Yes why not talk about weather! It’s gives some good insight into the inspiration of your outfits.

2. January 18, 2017 / 3:54 pm

Love the outfit! I know what you mean about snow…. I’m in Vancouver, British Columbia and we’re not cut out for snow either but we sure did quiet a dump of snow the past month! It’s finally started to warm up again and started to rain! Hopefully all the snow will disappear now! ☺ snow needs to stay on the mountains😁

3. January 18, 2017 / 6:39 pm

You look lovely and that faux fur coat is amazing!

• January 21, 2017 / 4:07 pm

thank you, it sure is and I’ll never tier of wearing it!

4. January 18, 2017 / 7:13 pm

Oh my gosh, I think this is my favorite look that you’ve posted yet! What an amazing find with that jacket!

It’s funny, I think that London and Seattle have really similar weather. Minus the fact that in London you don’t get shamed for using an umbrella. That’s a great way to spot a tourist in Seattle, the locals just wear hoods!

We aren’t cut out for the snow either. We will get two or three inches, and the whole city just loses it! It’s so pretty until you realize you have to drive/get around in it.

-Mackenzie

• January 21, 2017 / 4:06 pm

No umbrella’s, thats crazy! I would defiantly sick out as I hate getting soaked from the rain! Glad you like the outfit x

5. January 18, 2017 / 8:36 pm

A great winter look – love the hat!

6. January 19, 2017 / 8:59 pm

You look great, the combination is very nice and the jacket is so elegant:) love it:) hugs

7. February 8, 2017 / 1:50 am

That hat is so cute! Love your blog by the way!